Noah and Nick

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I had meant to write allot more in the previous post but got caught up in other things wile the pictures where being downloaded. So, by way of more explanation: For quite a while we've been living with a major problem. Ice cream can't fit in our freezer due to all of the frozen veggies and meat. I've been keeping my eyes on Craigslist for a freezer that would fit in our pantry_closet_thing, that would fit our budget, and that wouldn't take more than an hours drive back and forth. While I would have preferred a stand up or a smaller chest, I'm pretty happy with this. I had measured to make sure it fit, but hadn't thought about how it would change the process of getting things out of our storage shelves and book case that I had pushed against either wall. With the freezer in between, it would have been impossible to remove anything from the book case or from the bottom two rows of the storage shelf. It took more organization and thought to get everything from the book case onto the shelves, and the book case went into Nick's room for now. We are now excited to visit the commissary or walmart or costco and be able to buy anything there with out having to ask "is there enough room in the freezer for this?"
I just tried to upload pics of where the freezer is now but I keep getting server errors.

5 Comments:

  • I have been thinking about making some dinners and freezing them for when the baby comes but our freezer is way too small for that. You can hardly get anything in there. So, I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Mike and Adrianne, At 7:26 AM  

  • That is so cool! We have a giant freezer too, and I need to go shopping to fill it. I actually lose my commissary privileges tomorrow, so I need to go and buy lots of stuff!

    By Blogger Jess and Jason, At 7:38 AM  

  • Adrianne, keep you eyes on craigs list and you might find one pretty cheap, or even free. I just get happier thinking that we have the freezer now.
    Jess, I'm sorry you loose your commisary privileges. Meat and produce seem cheapest there, though walmart usually wins out on the packeged stuff. You should try to buy a years worth of meat to freeze in your giant freezer:)

    By Blogger Andy Laura Nick and Noah, At 8:39 AM  

  • I'm so happy for you, and a little jealous! I've always wanted a big freezer, but somehow the diapers and cereal have always been more important. Although this may be shocking to some people, we rarely have ice cream in our freezer!!

    By Blogger Pitcher Family, At 6:58 AM  

  • For those of you who have a giant freezer, in addition to the comfort of knowing you have way more food than you will eat before it's freezerburned into the shrivelled skin state, keeping your freezer full helps keep the cost of operating it down. An empty freezer consumes a lot more energy than a full one...or so I have read. I can think of reasons why that might be. Any way, while my wife wants a giant freezer, since all our food in the freezer last December was thrown away when the power was out for 5 days, I am glad we don't own one.

    By Blogger Mike and Adrianne, At 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home