Noah and Nick

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Snow and bunk bed plans

I've been thinking about bunk beds for a while, and have seen lots of cheap metal frames in garage sales, but they seem pretty unstable to me and Laura doesn't like them very much. I've never seen a wooden one in garage sales, and the ones I see in stores are way to expensive, so I'm thinking of making this one out of four 4x4s and a mess of 2x4s. At first I was thinking about doing an L shaped bunk, but thought it would take up too much space and be less sturdy. What do you all think?




This is Nicks first time in the snow since he was a wee baby. He didn't want to leave his mittens on, so his hands got so cold he started to cry pretty soon, but until then he seemed to have a good time. Unfortunately the evil men in the army made Andy go to work and by the time he got home all the snow was gone. We keep hoping that the rain will turn to snow so that we can go sledding or make a decent snow man, but no such luck so far.

5 Comments:

  • I like your bunkbed plans! We have friends that built his boys a bunkbed, but when they had to move it, he couldn't get the bolts undone, either they were too tight or the varnish had gotten into them. He had to cut the thing in half to move it and then put new bolts to hold it together. So learn from that and varnish before you put it together!
    Nick looks cute! My little boys don't keep their gloves on unless they are sledding. Tyson hates to touch the snow with his bare hands and will cry and cry, but he loves to play in it when he does keep the gloves on. Good luck with enough snow to sled in!

    By Blogger Pitcher Family, At 4:20 PM  

  • Thanks! I had planned on varnishing each individual piece separately. Something I didn't mention in the post: did you notice the pint sized snow man Nick and Laura made? When Laura told me she'd made a snow man and then showed me the picture, I laughed out loud.

    By Blogger Andy Laura Nick and Noah, At 4:31 PM  

  • I see the snowman now... but wouldn't have noticed without you telling me! That is a funny little snowman, good job Laura and Nick!

    By Blogger Pitcher Family, At 4:33 PM  

  • I'm glad you guys got snow! We have only gotten snow twice the entire year but it's been pretty cold--not cold like Mandy experiences of course. Ike takes his gloves off too and he doesn't like when his hands get cold. The other day it was so windy that Isaac kept falling over when we went outside. Isn't that funny? The plans for the bed look nice.

    By Blogger Mike and Adrianne, At 5:58 PM  

  • Bunk bed looks great. Is that bar across the back to make it more sturdy? Have fun with that project...

    By the way, why are you building a bunk bed? Need to get Nic out of the crib soon?? Hmmm....

    Snow is fun, but I hate it. I am glad that we haven't had much of it around here yet. But Maryland is notorious for having lots of snow in February.

    By Blogger Jess and Jason, At 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home