Noah and Nick

Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm pretty lucky

When I was preparing to come out here, my boss told me not to let people push me around. He said that I shouldn't do any of the silly time consuming jobs that they make people in the army do because my job is too important. He said that if I'm asked to do anything that takes more than an hour or two a week, to tell them that they need to talk to my boss before I'm allowed to help. SO, this last week the top people around here(my boss is somewhere else) started preparing to move a bunch of sandbags onto the roof of the hospital and fortify fighting positions. The work would start at 5am, and go till 9am. That's more than an hour or two, so I decided it didn't apply to me. When I woke up at 7am to get ready for my 8am meeting, I was still very tired. With the European style roladens to keep the sun out of my bedroom, stepping out into the sunlight to head to the showers is always an ordeal. With one eye closed, and one eye squinting, I stumbled to the showers which are all lined up along one sidewalk. I noticed some people on the roof of the hospital, and in an effort to avoid their notice, I hurried into the shower building. I thought it was odd that I didn't hear anyone else taking a shower, but put it down to the work that was being done with the sandbags. When I got to the last shower stall, my customary spot, I noticed that the whole metal soap dish had been switched with a wire soap dish. Hanging up my towel, I saw that the shower head had also changed. At that point, I became concerned. Paying more attention, I realized that the sinks that I had just walked past were separated individually, instead of the troughs I was used to. I quickly snatched up my towel and practically threw myself out the door. No longer a surprise, the faded spray paint underneath the coating of dust said female showers. I'm very fortunate that no one was in there when I arrived, and that no one came in before I realized my error.

Later, I'll try to get some pictures up to demonstrate why it was so easy for me to make that mistake. You'll see.

5 Comments:

  • Te amo amor
    yo estoy re agradecida, que no te vieron, porque entonces todas se enamorarian de vos, y las tendria que matar.jajaja
    te extrano mucho,volve pronto
    con amor lau

    By Blogger Andy Laura Nick and Noah, At 9:16 PM  

  • Oh my! You ARE lucky! That would have been so embarrassing and funny. I'm glad you escaped that.

    By Blogger Mike and Adrianne, At 3:51 PM  

  • That's funny, Andy. I'm sure Laura is glad no one was in there, too...Adrianne would be ticked if I accidentally saw some lady showering.

    How's everything going? Get our phone number from mom and dad and give us a call.

    Mike

    By Blogger Mike and Adrianne, At 7:46 PM  

  • That is pretty funny. Laura told me that story the other day, she thought it was pretty funny.

    So did you get in trouble for not helping with the sand bags?

    By Blogger Jess and Jason, At 4:28 AM  

  • I'm just leaving this comment so that I'll be signed in to make another post. It's easier than trying to guess which bit of arabic writing is the sign in link at the top.

    By Blogger Andy Laura Nick and Noah, At 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home